<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://asvdwc.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: 897 Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 28 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#ccc; margin:0; padding:10px 0 14px; font:x-small Verdana,Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #wrap { position:relative; top:4px; left:4px; background:#999; width:744px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } } @media handheld { #wrap { width:90%; } } #wrap2 { position:relative; top:-4px; left:-4px; background:#fff; padding:10px; } #content { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_content.gif") repeat-y left top; width:100%; font-size:85%; } @media all { #main { background:#245 url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/corner_main.gif") no-repeat right top; width:460px; float:left; color:#fff; } #sidebar { background:#cdb url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/corner_sidebar.gif") no-repeat left top; width:254px; float:right; padding:0; color:#356; } } @media handheld { #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } #main2 { margin:0; padding:15px 20px; } #sidebar2 { margin:0; padding:2px 20px 10px; } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#369; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#776; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#333; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } #main a:link, #main a.comment-link:visited { color:#9df; } #main a:visited { color:#7a9; } #main a:hover { color:#fff; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header { background:#269 url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/topleft.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 0 0 160px; margin:0 0 10px; color:#fff; width:100%; width/* */:/**/auto; width:auto; } #blog-title { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_header.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0; padding:40px 0 0; font:bold 275%/97px Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; } #blog-title a { color:#fff; text-decoration:none; } .postpage #blog-title { padding-top:0; background-position:0 -40px; } /* Description ----------------------------------------------- */ #description { background:#8df url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_desc_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 10px; padding:12px 0 0; color:#fff; } #description p { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_desc_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0; padding:0 0 12px; } #description em { /* To remove the word next to the desription, delete the following background property */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/temp_no.gif") no-repeat left center; /* Keep everything below */ display:block; padding:0 0 0 160px; font:bold 75%/1.6em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; min-height:12px; } .postpage #description em { font-size:1px; line-height:1px; color:#8df; visibility:hidden; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 0 .5em; font:bold 112%/1.4em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; color:#467; } .post { margin:0 0 2em; } .post-title { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; color:#fff; } #main .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#9df; } #main .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post p, .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { color:#467; text-transform:lowercase; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#689; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; padding:5px 0; border:2px solid #356; border-width:2px 0; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } .post img { border:5px solid #fff; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:2em 0 0; border-top:2px solid #356; padding-top:1em; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; color:#9ec; } #comments-block { margin:0; line-height:1.6em; } .comment-poster { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 112%/1.4em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; } .comment-body, .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; } #main .comment-timestamp a { color:#689; } #main .comment-timestamp a:hover { color:#9ec; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar-title { margin:1em 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; } #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 20px; text-indent:-20px; line-height:1.4em; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.4em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.75em; } .profile-datablock, .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.4em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:5px solid #eed; } .profile-data { font-weight:bold; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; padding:10px 0 0; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding:5px 0; } /* Misc ----------------------------------------------- */ .clear { clear:both; display:block; height:1px; margin:0; padding:0; font-size:1px; line-height:1px; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

30 January 2011

January musings

My mind seems to be full of random thoughts as this first month of 2011 comes to an end.  Here are some of them (in no particular order).

My family is da bomb diggity.  Seriously.  The older I get the more I just want to spend time with each and everyone of 'em.  Sometimes I sit and wonder why I was so fortunate to have such amazing parents, loving siblings, awesome sister-in-law, cool cousins, loving aunts and uncles and such.  If I could wish for anything it would be that we could all live within an hour of each other... but I do love how the distance makes my heart grow fonder.

I have been pondering my own need of grace and redemption a lot this month.  I've thought about Matthew 7:3 and the speck in others eyes and the plank in my own.  It's challenging to truly grapple with my own sinfulness and need for redemption but I rejoice that though my sins are as scarlet they shall be as white as snow (Isaiah 1:18).  How amazing to have that visual reminder here in Pennsylvania this week, too.

Over the past few years I've come to realize that I am as "glass-is-half-full" as the come.  I love to sift out the bad by holding onto the good.  I realize my positivity may seem excessive to some but it is truly how my mind works.  For real.

Last week there was an "80s" focus on campus:  an 80s dance and showing of Pretty in Pink and Ferris Bueller's Day off, etc.  I also realized that the 80s is to the current students what the 50s were to me in college.  WHAT?!  How is this possible?!  I'm freaking out.  Is that really true?  Or am I doing the math wrong?  No, wait, it's like the 60s were to me in college.  Okay, that's a little better but still a little freaky.

Speaking of getting old, I've been focused on strength training for the past few months.  I keep thinking about how I am losing muscle as I age and therefore choosing to spend two or three times a week participating in a bodypump (weight lifting) class at the gym.  Also, I'm secretly hoping that a result of my weightlifting will be that my metabolism will skyrocket (read: I'll be able to eat chips and salsa for dinner everyday).

I plan to finish my 40 thoughts from last years lent (maybe during this years lenten season?).  And, the 30 day photo challenge.  I want to be a finisher!  I will be a finisher!

Long Hair in 2007
This month I've really been missing my long hair.  Maybe I should grow it out again?  But that would take forever.  Maybe I'll just focus on
the
cuteness
of my
short
style
(glass is half full). 
What do you think I should do?

Winter is cold.  It's a lot more enjoyable with my new down-long-coat and my Steger muklucks.  I l.o.v.e. them.  But, oh, how I long for the hot summer sun. 

My friend Faith and I are talking about throwing a party either 11 days or 111 days before 11-11-11.  Doesn't that sound fun?  We thought we could have people only talk in words that have two "ll"s in them... hello all football fellows!  Silly, I know.

Speaking of football.... will the Vikings ever be good again?

The cousins mix (version 3) is amazing.  I love being introduced to new music this way.  It's been constantly playing in my car and at my desk.

Sometimes I think I'm way too spontaneous to make future plans.  Wouldn't it be lovely if everything in life could be decided in the moment?

I'm currently reading The Help.  I love it.  But, it's taking me longer than I want to get through it all.  What I really need is another plane trip to give me the quiet and space I need to read... I can't wait to finish it!

I miss the anticipation of coming home and checking the answering machine.  Or wondering what calls I might have missed but never even knew about.  These are simple pleasures that have been lost with the advent of cell phones.  But, I love how cell phones make it easy to meet up with friends at random places and to talk to friends throughout the world.

I love my friends.  I've been blessed beyond what I deserve with some amazing women in my life.  These are friends from:
  • elementary school
  • high school
  • college
  • grad school
  • former jobs
  • present jobs
  • church
  • small group
  • former students who are now dear friends
  • friends of friend who I now call friend
What would I do without every one of them?  I need people.  Lots of them.  And, I'm so thankful for each person who listens to me, prays for me, calls me, answers my calls, returns my calls, sends me texts, sends me e-mails, visit me, host me when I visit, make time for me when I'm "in town", take vacations with me, dream of future vacations with me, make me laugh, laugh with me, laugh at me, give me advice, challenge me, point me closer to God, run with me, walk with me, share stories of their husbands and children and boyfriends and journey with me, and more.  Thank you, friends.  I love you.

Good night.  See you in February!


  
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Watson said...

Oh. My. Word. This made me laugh and be so happy that I know you. (ps: I've read 'The Help' and count it as one of my most favorite adult lit books ever)

February 2, 2011 at 8:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

grow your hair out!!
and reading this post makes me miss you.

February 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home