<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://asvdwc.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: 897 Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 28 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#ccc; margin:0; padding:10px 0 14px; font:x-small Verdana,Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #wrap { position:relative; top:4px; left:4px; background:#999; width:744px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } } @media handheld { #wrap { width:90%; } } #wrap2 { position:relative; top:-4px; left:-4px; background:#fff; padding:10px; } #content { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_content.gif") repeat-y left top; width:100%; font-size:85%; } @media all { #main { background:#245 url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/corner_main.gif") no-repeat right top; width:460px; float:left; color:#fff; } #sidebar { background:#cdb url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/corner_sidebar.gif") no-repeat left top; width:254px; float:right; padding:0; color:#356; } } @media handheld { #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } #main2 { margin:0; padding:15px 20px; } #sidebar2 { margin:0; padding:2px 20px 10px; } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#369; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#776; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#333; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } #main a:link, #main a.comment-link:visited { color:#9df; } #main a:visited { color:#7a9; } #main a:hover { color:#fff; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header { background:#269 url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/topleft.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 0 0 160px; margin:0 0 10px; color:#fff; width:100%; width/* */:/**/auto; width:auto; } #blog-title { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_header.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0; padding:40px 0 0; font:bold 275%/97px Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; } #blog-title a { color:#fff; text-decoration:none; } .postpage #blog-title { padding-top:0; background-position:0 -40px; } /* Description ----------------------------------------------- */ #description { background:#8df url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_desc_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 10px; padding:12px 0 0; color:#fff; } #description p { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_desc_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0; padding:0 0 12px; } #description em { /* To remove the word next to the desription, delete the following background property */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/temp_no.gif") no-repeat left center; /* Keep everything below */ display:block; padding:0 0 0 160px; font:bold 75%/1.6em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; min-height:12px; } .postpage #description em { font-size:1px; line-height:1px; color:#8df; visibility:hidden; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 0 .5em; font:bold 112%/1.4em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; color:#467; } .post { margin:0 0 2em; } .post-title { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; color:#fff; } #main .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#9df; } #main .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post p, .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { color:#467; text-transform:lowercase; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#689; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; padding:5px 0; border:2px solid #356; border-width:2px 0; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } .post img { border:5px solid #fff; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:2em 0 0; border-top:2px solid #356; padding-top:1em; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; color:#9ec; } #comments-block { margin:0; line-height:1.6em; } .comment-poster { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 112%/1.4em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; } .comment-body, .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; } #main .comment-timestamp a { color:#689; } #main .comment-timestamp a:hover { color:#9ec; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar-title { margin:1em 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; } #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 20px; text-indent:-20px; line-height:1.4em; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.4em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.75em; } .profile-datablock, .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.4em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:5px solid #eed; } .profile-data { font-weight:bold; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; padding:10px 0 0; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding:5px 0; } /* Misc ----------------------------------------------- */ .clear { clear:both; display:block; height:1px; margin:0; padding:0; font-size:1px; line-height:1px; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

13 January 2010

six short months

Six months today is my birthday. A big one. Yes, on July 13 of this year I will turn thirty-ten. For some reason I'm having a hard time acknowledging this age, which is strange for me because I'm generally a "take life as it comes" and "embrace the moment" person when it comes to challenging and not-so-welcome events. But I really don't want this birthday to arrive. It's surreal, really! How is it possible I'm this old? Well, no matter how I feel or what I do, the fact is in six short months July 13 will arrive and I'm hopeful I'll be smiling on the other side.

In the meantime, I have a list of things some things I'd like to do over the next six months:
*figure out / plan how I want to celebrate 30-10
*pray regularly about what this new decade will hold
*be a better friend, sister, daughter and cousin
*figure out a way to visit Kentucky, New Mexico and Alaska - if I do this I will have been to all 50 states!
*eat healthier and exercise regularly
*run 10 miles - at one time
*practice saying how old I will be over and over until it feels natural
*buy an iphone
*limit drinking pop to just one day a week until July 13 (ahh! did I really write that?)
*blog at least once a month (maybe even once a week)
*write a snail-mail letter every week
*make a list of things / people / experiences I'm thankful for from the past 10 years (watch for this on the blog)
to be continued...

any advice for me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

ok - you must blog once a week - and then your reward can be one EXTRA pop a week (giving you a total of 2/week). Good motivation, and we all reap the benefits.

You must visit Alaska - yeah, the other two states are cool, too....

You will LOVE turning 40. I do like the 30-10 idea..... think of it as being 1/2 way to 80, and we all know how awesome 80 year old women who fear the Lord are! I hope that's encouraging and not depressing. I think age is wonderful. We gain wisdom as we walk with the Lord.

Happy Half Birthday!

January 14, 2010 at 10:05 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

two things...Liz and I are hoping to go to Alaska this summer and I vote for an Oregon birthday (you can fold Alaska into that trip) ;)

January 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM

 
Blogger vicki02 said...

Turning forty was a touchstone for me also. Forty sounds so much older than thirty and it really signaled middle age to me. I told my mom about my aniety and she told me that "life begins at 40". Of course I thought she was just trying to make me feel better.

But Amy, she was right. With forties there is a freedom that can't be had in your 20s and 30s. You are healthy, old enough to know better and young enough to not care, and you have hit that point in your life where you mix your youthful dreams with reality in a way that allows you to be you. It's wierd... I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it is more of a female thing too.

The worst thing about 40 is that you are not 50 yet. Cause being 50 is even more cool. God is so good to give us these touchstones in life!

February 18, 2010 at 6:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home