<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://asvdwc.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: 897 Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 28 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#ccc; margin:0; padding:10px 0 14px; font:x-small Verdana,Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #wrap { position:relative; top:4px; left:4px; background:#999; width:744px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } } @media handheld { #wrap { width:90%; } } #wrap2 { position:relative; top:-4px; left:-4px; background:#fff; padding:10px; } #content { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_content.gif") repeat-y left top; width:100%; font-size:85%; } @media all { #main { background:#245 url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/corner_main.gif") no-repeat right top; width:460px; float:left; color:#fff; } #sidebar { background:#cdb url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/corner_sidebar.gif") no-repeat left top; width:254px; float:right; padding:0; color:#356; } } @media handheld { #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } #main2 { margin:0; padding:15px 20px; } #sidebar2 { margin:0; padding:2px 20px 10px; } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#369; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#776; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#333; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } #main a:link, #main a.comment-link:visited { color:#9df; } #main a:visited { color:#7a9; } #main a:hover { color:#fff; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header { background:#269 url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/topleft.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 0 0 160px; margin:0 0 10px; color:#fff; width:100%; width/* */:/**/auto; width:auto; } #blog-title { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_header.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0; padding:40px 0 0; font:bold 275%/97px Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; } #blog-title a { color:#fff; text-decoration:none; } .postpage #blog-title { padding-top:0; background-position:0 -40px; } /* Description ----------------------------------------------- */ #description { background:#8df url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_desc_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 10px; padding:12px 0 0; color:#fff; } #description p { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_desc_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0; padding:0 0 12px; } #description em { /* To remove the word next to the desription, delete the following background property */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/temp_no.gif") no-repeat left center; /* Keep everything below */ display:block; padding:0 0 0 160px; font:bold 75%/1.6em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; min-height:12px; } .postpage #description em { font-size:1px; line-height:1px; color:#8df; visibility:hidden; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 0 .5em; font:bold 112%/1.4em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; color:#467; } .post { margin:0 0 2em; } .post-title { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; color:#fff; } #main .post-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#9df; } #main .post-title a:hover { color:#fff; } .post p, .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-footer { color:#467; text-transform:lowercase; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#689; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; padding:5px 0; border:2px solid #356; border-width:2px 0; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } .post img { border:5px solid #fff; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:2em 0 0; border-top:2px solid #356; padding-top:1em; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; color:#9ec; } #comments-block { margin:0; line-height:1.6em; } .comment-poster { margin:0 0 .25em; font:bold 112%/1.4em Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:lowercase; } .comment-body, .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; } #main .comment-timestamp a { color:#689; } #main .comment-timestamp a:hover { color:#9ec; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar-title { margin:1em 0 .25em; font:bold 150%/1.4em Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; } #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 20px; text-indent:-20px; line-height:1.4em; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.4em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.75em; } .profile-datablock, .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.4em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:5px solid #eed; } .profile-data { font-weight:bold; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; padding:10px 0 0; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding:5px 0; } /* Misc ----------------------------------------------- */ .clear { clear:both; display:block; height:1px; margin:0; padding:0; font-size:1px; line-height:1px; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

18 June 2008

the woman is the little girl is the woman

Over the past few weeks there's been a number of situations that have renewed my passion for writing. But, before the writing comes some research including reading some old and new books and reminding myself of where I've come from. I've been intrigued by my great uncle's stories of our family and spent time reading my journals from my teenage years and my twenties as well. Then tonight as I came across a three ring binder of papers from my elementary school years that my mom had saved for me. This white binder is stuffed with lined papers of stories, poems, questions and answers, colorful paper, report cards and drawings. It's amazing. I spent about an hour pouring over it's contents and here's what I found... the little girl I was 30 years ago is quite similar to the woman I am today.... it is very obvious that I even back then I liked enouragement, I loved to be around people, I disliked fruit, I liked to be active (bike rides, kickball, walks!), and I liked Jesus.

From Kindergarten
I'm not sure how much time it took me to move from "keep trying" to "much better" but I appreciate the encouragment my teacher gave to me.




From First Grade
I am glad I am me! Yep - that's my blond curly hair and multi-colored striped shirt.


From Second Grade
Here's some questions & answers from a school worksheet:
age: 7 years old
color of hair: blond (this is the same - although I do get highlights now!)
color of eyes: blue-green
things I like: my teacher, ice cream, mom & dad (still like all of the above!)
things I dislike: chilli and mean people (I still dislike mean people but I now love chili)
From 3rd Grade Sunday School Class:
One time this week it was easy to be sure Jesus was with me... I won a race on Field Day!
One time this week it was hard to believe Jesus was with me... I lost a race on Field Day!
Wow... is that black and white or what?


More from 3rd Grade
my favorite ice cream: sure bret (I'm pretty sure I meant Sherbet - but my dad always called it "sure bert")
on a rainy day I like to: write a story. write a letter. play. say "rain rain go away!"
winter spring summer fall... I like SUMMER best of all. (some things never change!)
My favorite TV program is: chips because it is good
My favorite food is: chicken because it is very good
My favorite sport is: kickball because it is fun
My favorite song is: countdown because I like Jesus
My favorite vacation place is: california because it is warm
From a worksheet on Anger:
My mother makes me angry when she: leaves me alone
My father makes me angry when he: leaves me alone
My friends make me angry when: they don't like me
A student makes me angry when: they don't pay attention to me
I make myself angry when: I am bad
People can tell when I'm angry because: I put up my hand
Things that hurt me or make me sad:
I have to wash dishes
I fell
I didn't get to go to my cousins house
I didn't get to go to my friend's house to play
I did something wrong
We do not get to go to my Grandmas

Things that make me so happy:
I get to play
Paul says want to ride bike
I get my own way
I get to choose
My friend gets to come to my house
My mom and dad say we get to go to my grandma and grandpas
Yes... almost 30 years later I still don't like to do dishes, I still fall, I still like to go to my cousin's, friends or grandmother's home, and it still makes me so happy when Paul says "want to ride bike"!
From 4th Grade
The infamous poems... my fourth grade teacher taught us about poetry and had us write our own. (I didn't correct the spelling to keep it authentic).

I am the one who
slammed my own fingers in a door
does not like
bannas, rasberrys,
strawberrys, applesause,
blueberrys, orange juice,
oranges, cherrys,
cantelope, nuts and pizza
likea taking short walks
loves stuffed anmils
likes to write storys
likes to sing


lonly
I am the first leaf to the ground. I am
the olny fish in a lake.
I am a kitten with no
mother.
I am a girl in a boat
with no saliors.




Amazing, isn't it? How inflencial those first few years of life are... how little I've changed. I'm still a bit lonely like the girl in a boat with no sailors... but mostly I'm thankful for my incredible foundation. I like that I like to be around people, I like that I keep trying fruit year after year (even if I don't like it), I like that I love being active, and I'm falling more in love with Jesus as the years add on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

I've been your friend for over 10 years and I never knew you didn't like fruit? That's crazy! It truly is amazing to see how our personalities, our fears, our insecurities and our joys are much the same when we are little as when we are not so little. Press on, my friend, and thanks for the peek into your younger years!

June 25, 2008 at 5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home